According to the contract, ''Finnroad'' should:
- Review the current system of routine and winter maintenance of roads network in Armenia and the method of evaluation of roads routine and winter maintenance ;
- Assess whether the current cost and expenditure of routine and winter maintenance in Armenia are reasonable;
- Review the current method of payment for the roads routine and winter maintenance works;
- Evaluate the actual results and level of service specified in the performance-based contracts with local companies;
- Provide an analysis of the difference in performance based contracts between functional and aesthetic maintenance.
Based on the investigations to be carried out in accordance with the agreement, the consultant should review the roads routine and winter maintenance system and method that is currently in place in Armenia in terms of value for money, appropriate service level and cost-effectiveness and submit all necessary recommendations to improve the current system.
The contract value is USD 305,000. ''Finnroad'' is expected to carry out its assignment in 9 months. The selection was done through an open and competitive bidding, in accordance with MCC procurement procedures using Quality and Cost Base Selection (QCBS) method.
MCA-Armenia Program (USD 236 million) aims to reduce rural poverty through a sustainable increase in the economic performance of the agricultural sector. The Program includes a USD 67.1 million project to rehabilitate up to 943 kilometers of rural roads, more than a third of Armenia's proposed Lifeline Road Network that sums up to 2,703 km.